African Presidential Politics Series
BlueBridge Smart Projects Limited is pleased to announce a flagship publishing program, African Presidential Politics Series. The aim of the series is to publish well researched and objective scholarly books on all aspects of presidential politics in Africa from 1979 and beyond. For a particular regime to be considered for the series, it must have remained in power for at least a period of four years.
The series will focus on presidents throughout the African continent, who at one time led or misled their countries, including both unelected and elected presidents, both single-country and comparative studies of presidential politics. The series will also consider book projects on the reform of presidential politics, e.g. the reform of presidential elections in Africa as well as conceptual or theoretical aspects, such as how to measure presidential Powers.
The Series will welcome proposals for monographs, edited volumes and Pivots on topics such as:
- Contemporary presidencies and presidential powers
- Presidential elections and presidential party politics
- Presidential relations with the legislature
- The media and presidential communication
- The administrative presidency and presidential advisers
- The history of presidential offices and presidential biographies
The series is debuting with two West African countries namely, Ghana and Nigeria, under the presidencies of Flt Lt Jerry John Rawlings of Ghana and Alh. Shehu Shagari and General Ibrahim Babangida of Nigeria respectively.